Last Updated on November 07, 2018
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT & HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. We may collect personal information from you such as your name or e-mail address.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information about you and the device with which you access swiss mail solutions, and actions you take on our website (your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website, links clicked).
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies – small data files stored on your browser by swiss mail solutions. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION?
Electronic Newsletter: To subscribe to our electronic newsletters, we request the following information: (1) name and (2) e-mail address. The provision of a name and e-mail address is mandatory in order to receive our newsletter.
Contact Forms: To contact swiss mail solutions for the purposes of evaluating or engaging our services or to answer your questions, we utilize get-a-quote forms on our site. Required information includes (1) name, (2) e-mail address, (3) company name, (4) phone number, (5) services of interest, (6) markets of interests, (7) preferred IT integration, (8) message, (9) uploaded file. The provision of a name, company name, and e-mail address is mandatory in order to receive our newsletter. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
Transactions are secured via SSL encryption.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED?
Swiss mail solutions may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To create your account, identify you as a website user and customize the website to your account;
- To send promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email newsletter will provide information on how to unsubscribe from a future emailing;
- To send administrative communications, such as administrative emails, verification emails, technical notices, policy updates or security warnings;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure website performance;
- To review the effectiveness of our marketing programs and analyze other general demographic trends;
- To notify you of new information or services that may be of interest to you; or,
- To send promotional materials.
DOES SWISS MAIL SOLUTIONS SHARE MY INFORMATION?
Swiss mail solutions will not share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Tracking: swiss mail solutions uses a variety of marketing tools that help us create a better user experience for people who visit our site. These tools allow us to view aggregated data such as scrolling patterns, clicks, and let us run tests to determine which pages result in the best actions. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any of these tools. We use the following third-party service providers for tracking:
Remarketing: swiss mail solutions uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to present special offers to you for our services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, swiss mail solutions uses custom audiences based on e-mails and phone numbers of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our services to you via Social Networks and Google. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you with special offers from us. We use the following third-party service providers for remarketing:
- Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
- LinkedIn: Opt-out of LinkedIn retargeting here
- Twitter: Opt-out of Twitter retargeting here
- Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
All information collected is stored in HubSpot CRM and Mautic. Upon subscription, HubSpot and Mautic also track the pages you visit on the website. If you become a customer, information about the services you purchase is passed into HubSpot and Mautic.
Webinars: From time to time, swiss mail solutions will host webinars, which are hosted through Zoom. If you elect to participate in a webinar, you will be required to submit personal information to register and log in. You may also receive e-mail communications regarding reminders and playback availability.
Contact Information and Website Support: We offer multiple ways to contact swiss mail solutions, including contact forms, e-mails, and chat. If at any time, you attempt to contact us through a contact form, the information you provide will be stored on our servers.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at swiss mail solutions’ sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your e-mail address(es) or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through swiss mail solutions to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you leave a comment on the swiss mail solutions blog post, certain information may be publicly visible.
At any time, you may prevent the setting of cookies by the website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of swiss mail solutions may be entirely usable.
WHAT IF THERE ARE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND SPAM POLICY?
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Opt-out: You may opt-out of future e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe links in our e-mails.
Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to info@ swissmailsolutions.com.
Amend: You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Swiss mail solutions is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send an e-mail to users that have explicitly requested to receive an e-mail from swiss mail solutions. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to the swiss mail solutions Newsletter
- Users that complete a contact form
All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested.
HOW DO I CONTACT SWISS MAIL SOLUTIONS?
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our site.